Last modified: 12/01/2023
What personal information is collected?
- Details of your visits to our Site, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
- Geo-location information to provide certain location-based services that you request.
If you access our Site through a mobile device, we may additionally collect information such as your unique device identifier, device’s operating system, mobile carrier, location or GPS/geo-location. We obtain this personal information from you either by Users inputting the data, when we speak to you, or by the automatic collection as you use the Site or Services.
You also may provide Submitted Content on public areas, or transmitted to other Users of the Site or third parties. Your Submitted Content are published and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other Users of the Site with whom you may choose to share your Submitted Content. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your Submitted Content will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
How we use and retain your personal information
A. Your Personal Information.
Our primary purpose in collecting your personal information is to provide you with the Services you request and those which we believe will optimize your use of the Site. You agree that we may use your personal information for the following, but not limited to these, purposes:
- For the Services you requested;
- To support and enhance the Services you requested;
- To contact you with Service updates;
- To measure and improve our Services; and
- To promote services related to the Site.
We also collect statistics on site traffic, sales, usage and other information to assist us in improving the Services we provide to you. The information we collect automatically may include personal information or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Site according to your individual interests.
- Recognize you when you return to our Site.
The technologies we use for automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Small graphic images or other web programming code called web beacons (also known as “1×1 GIFs” or “clear GIFs”) may be included in our Site’s pages and messages. Web beacons may be invisible to you, but any electronic image or other web programming code inserted into a page or email can act as a web beacon. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to HTTP cookies, which are stored on a User’s computer hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. Pages of our Site and our e-mails may web beacons that permits us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We use both session and persistent tracking technologies. Tracking technologies (e.g., cookies) can either be persistent (i.e., they remain on your computer until you delete them) or temporary (i.e., they last only until you close your browser).
We also use first and third-party cookies. First party cookies are used and controlled by us to provide services on the Site. Third-party cookies are controlled by third parties, mostly for the purpose of advertising and analytics.
In particular, our Site uses the following categories of cookies:
C. Aggregated Data.
D. Third-Party Analytics.
We do not use automated decision-making. In addition, we may use third party analytics providers and products to obtain, compile and analyze information about how Users are using and interacting with us and/or the Services. We may provide your information to these analytics providers for the purpose of obtaining statistics and other information about how users are using and interacting with SimpleConsign. These analytics providers may use a variety of established or new tracking technologies or tools (including, without limitation, cookies, web beacons, HTTP cache, local shared objects and persistent identifiers) to recognize your computer or device and/or to collect or compile this information. We have no control over the technologies, tools or practices of the third parties that provide analytics products and services to us.
E. Retention of Information.
We retain information as long as it is reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal information for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you. To determine the appropriate retention period for your personal information, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting and other requirements. In case of termination of your Account, if you request return of your data, you will be charged a handling fee to return the data and the format of the data will be at the full discretion of SimpleConsign. User data remains the property of SimpleConsign after your Store and/or Account terminates for any reason.
How we may disclose your personal information
We may disclose aggregated information about our Users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction. We may sell such aggregated information for machine learning inventory or sales and customer habits by enabling a third party service through the Software or any other Services (i.e., API Connection, Quickbooks integration, Shopify, WordPress, Facebook Services or any other third party integration or API) you are allowing us to pass your personal information and you hold us harmless for doing so. By using the Services, you authorize and hold us harmless in all respects for the transmission of data outside to these and any future partner services. You agree that we will not be responsible for any misuse of the data by any third party accessing your data through their services.
We may disclose your personal information in response to a request by a law enforcement or government authority (including, but not limited to, national security or law enforcement obligations and applicable law, rule, order, or regulation) or in connection with actual or proposed litigation, if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our Users, or others, or to enforce or apply our rights under the Agreement. We are not required to question or contest the validity of any search warrant, subpoena or other similar governmental request that we receive.
- To our partners if you've requested their services.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To operate or conduct maintenance and repair of the Site and/or Services as authorized by law.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Users is among the assets transferred.
- To act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Site or members of the public.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
How we secure your personal information once we have it
We store and process your information on our services located in the United States. It is your responsibility to make sure that your personal information is accurate and that your password(s) and Account registration information are secure and not shared with third parties.
SimpleConsign uses a secure server and security protocol to safeguard any information you provide. The secure server implements the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol to interact with you when you provide personal information. This technology sends your data through an encrypted tunnel via 256-bit encryption so a third party cannot read the information while in transit. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
Email messages are not secure. Our security software does not encrypt email messages. Unencrypted email messages traveling through the Internet are potentially subject to viewing, alteration and copying by others.
Leaving our site though partner links or advertisement
How you correct or update personal information
You control the personal data you share with us. Users can update or correct any personal information given to us. Some of the information you can change by logging into your Account and changing the settings. Users can ask to see, update or amend any other personal information we have for you by contacting us. You can object to our processing of your data, request that our processing be restricted, review or request changes to your personal information, or request that your Account be deleted and we erase your data by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may exercise any of these rights free of charge. However, we may charge a reasonable fee or refuse to act on a request if the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive, in particular because of its repetitive character.
Your privacy is important to us, so we will ask that you provide sufficient information to verify your identity before we respond to your requests. In some situations, we may refuse to act or impose limitations on your right if, for instance, it is likely to adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others, prejudice the execution or enforcement of the law, or interfere with pending or future litigation.
We have the right, but not the obligation to monitor, edit or remove any activity or content, but we shall not be responsible to do so and shall not be liable for not doing so.
By opting in or by downloading white papers on the Site, you will receive our newsletter. Users may cancel their subscription to these newsletters at any time, by opting out (unsubscribe at bottom of newsletter) which will take effect immediately.
How you opt-out of receiving marketing communications
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI's website.
SimpleConsign Legal Department
4009 Frontgate Drive Ste 102
Columbia, MO 65203