Use the Fourth to Grow Your Sales
April 22, 2021
Even if you’re not a Star Wars fan, you know exactly what I’m talking about when I say May the Fourth be with you. And if you don’t, it’s still a fun holiday that is worthwhile celebrating. In case you’re not aware of what this day is, May 4th is Star Wars Day and is commonly known for its catchphrase “May the fourth be with you,” a spin on the Yoda quote “May the force be with you.” In all seriousness, as a consignment store owner, you want to use these small holidays to draw in a new audience, even if you don’t sell anything related to that holiday. Use the fourth to grow your sales with these ideas.
Use the Fourth
You may be wondering what a Star Wars day has to do with consignment, but it’s just a fun way to get involved in your customer’s interests. It may seem random to you, but people love a sale. Here are some ideas on how to use the fourth in your marketing.
- Have a fourth sale
- You can have a special sale on the 4th that has nothing to do with Star Wars.
- Quote star wars and get a discount
- Encourage your customers to come in with creative Start Wars quotes to earn a discount.
- Wear star wars merch and get a discount
- Anyone that comes in wearing anything Star Wars-related earns a discount.
- Choose your discount
- Write down discounts in small pieces of paper, cut them up, and put them in a bowl. Your customers can take one out, and that is their discount.
- Bring a Star Wars fan for a discount.
- Your customers may not care for Star Wars, but they most likely have someone in their life who does.
A Jedi would be prepared.
While you don’t have to be an expert to run Star Wars-themed sales, you do have to do your homework a bit. Don’t fret because I’m giving you a great starting point here. Market your May 4th sale to alert customers. Just double-check that everything is quoted and spelled correctly. If you have a Star Wars fan in your life, I’d have them double-check for you. If you make a mistake, don’t forget the wise words of Yoda “The greatest teacher, failure is.”
You will find only what you bring in – Yoda
Start promoting your May fourth deals early, just like Star Wars starts promoting their newest works early. Use this graphic to promote your sales or create your own. Using images in your posts is more likely to draw viewers in. Especially, in this case, the Star Wars theme will catch their attention.
Do. Or do not. There is no try. – Yoda.
A Star Wars sale may seem silly, but as Yoda said, “Do.” Getting involved in trending topics and holidays allows your store to stay relevant in your community and social media. The best way to engage with your audience is by getting involved in their interests. Big or small, they will feel seen. Are you going to use the fourth to grow your sales?
If you enjoyed reading this, click here for more.
Receive tips, how-to guides, and moreYes Please!