Digital Marketing Ideas for Consignment Stores
February 24, 2021
Digital marketing is constantly changing, and your current strategies may be outdated. Business owners already have so much to worry about, and coming up with a digital marketing strategy on top of that can be overwhelming. That’s why I’ve made it easier for you and gathered digital marketing ideas for consignment stores with extra resources to make it easy for you.
Everyone underestimates how important email marketing is. First of all, emails remind customers about your shop, driving foot traffic into your store or online website. Of course, your customer needs a reason to open your emails. When you send an email, make it worthwhile for the reader. Here are some ways to do this:
- Offer exclusive discounts.
- Tell them about new products.
- Have private events.
- Let them in on exclusive information.
Email marketing is worth your time; these email marketing statistics prove this. Although email marketing is great, be careful with how often you send emails. Not all customers want to hear from you too often, and that may cause them to unsubscribe. 82% is the average open rate for welcome emails; after that, the average open rate is 21%. Keep track of your open rates and click-through rates to see what’s getting people’s attention. You may also try sending the emails out at different times and days. Once you gather the data, you’ll see which times and days are better. Personalizing your emails is a great strategy; this generates 50% higher open rates.Get my Free Trial of SimpleConsign
Of course, the biggest part of digital marketing is social media. On social media, in general, you should be posting once a day; more than that may be too much. However, there’s a loophole: Instagram stories. Stories allow you to post frequently during the day without it becoming too much for viewers. Although, you don’t want to overdo that either. There’s a lot of ways to use Instagram stories. Here are some ideas:
- Post or share quotes.
- This is an easy one. Just find a quote you like or follow pages that post them and share them on your Instagram story.
- Use the story features.
- Instagram has features such as a poll, quiz, questions, and more. Use these to encourage interaction.
- Post your merchandise.
- Posting your merchandise is easy too, find ways to make the customer feel like they’re missing out if they don’t stop by or visit your website.
- When you post a regular post, additionally share it on your story to increase views.
- Instagrams algorithm is hard to manage. An easy way to help that is by sharing your own posts.
Unless you’ve taken any marketing courses, the term SEO means nothing to you. Search engine optimization is essential for digital marketing. SEO is a complex concept, but it’s essential for building an online presence.
- Carefully chosen keywords help SEO because it increases your rank on searches to connect with prospects.
- Your content is the way you capture a prospect that allows for a new customer’s opportunity.
- Off-site SEO
- Off-site SEO happens outside of your website.
- Search engine marketing is paid marketing, which includes any ads you may have.
To understand this concept deeper, read What Is SEO & Why Is It Important.
Generating organic marketing is essential because this is essentially free marketing. It’s the effort that you put in that results in organic marketing because it creates an audience that you curated naturally. It puts together all of the strategies we talk about in this blog and more. Although I said this is free, it technically isn’t when taking into account opportunity cost. If you’re not familiar with the term, the opportunity cost is the time sacrificed by making one choice over another. You are trading time and effort to maintain your website, SEO, social media accounts, emails, and more. It’s a great way to invest your time because that means everything is up to date and will actually be beneficial when your marketing strategies work and a customer is interested.
Try these digital marketing ideas for consignment stores and see the results. This may all seem intimidating but it’s much easier once you understand it and apply it.
If you enjoyed these marketing tips, click here for more.
Receive tips, how-to guides, and moreYes Please!