Generate Sales Through Your Shopify Consignment Store
January 24, 2020
How important is it to build a Shopify consignment store?
In 2020 14.1% of all retail sales worldwide were online sales. It is predicted that this will reach 22% by 2023. If you’ve been considering it, now is the time to jump on the bandwagon of e-commerce. With SimpleConsign’s Shopify plugin’s easy setup, now is the time to open your Shopify consignment store.
The growth of e-commerce and Shopify
Not surprisingly, the first e-commerce site in the US was Amazon. Beginning as a bookseller in 1994, Amazon now offers thousands of products. It is the world’s #1 online retailer. China is the fastest-growing for e-commerce sales nationally. In the US alone, online sales could reach almost $566 billion by 2023. Shopify’s stats are just as exciting.
- In October 2019, Shopify estimated over 1 million merchants in over 175 countries
- Last year, Shopify did $1.5 billion in sales
- The US has the largest number of Shopify stores
- As a retailer, Shopify ranks #3 behind Amazon and Ebay for US retail online sales
Creating your Shopify consignment store
- Like anything, understand the overall costs and responsibilities before you begin
- Choose a template that matches your brand.
- Keep it simple. Avoid having to customize.
- Be specific about your merchandise, shipping charges, delivery times, etc.
- Learn some online merchandise photography skills
If you haven’t signed up for your Shopify site yet, start one. Integrate your Shopify site with phenomenal resale software such as SimpleConsign. Our web-based system lets you manage your brick and mortar store, as well as your online store from anywhere. Plus, features like SimpleConsign’s Photo App let you easily take photos and instantly upload them to your Shopify site.
Marketing your Shopify consignment store
Signing up for a Shopify site is only the beginning. Marketing your online store comes next. Shopify offers a wide variety of apps that work to boost your consignment store sales. Everything from Sales Pop Up and Countdown Timers to Customer Support apps are available. Many of them are free but choose wisely. Don’t overload your site with too many features in the beginning.
For more benefits of our Shopify plugin, read here.
I have been a writer for various forms of marketing for awhile now. I've written my share of radio and TV scripts, magazine and newspaper ads as well as direct mail brochures and newsletters. Currently, as the Marketing Director for Traxia, home of SimpleConsign software, I've moved into blog posts, eBooks and website text. It's been an ever changing and ever challenging journey but I've loved it all along the way.
Receive tips, how-to guides, and moreYes Please!