Build your resale brand by asking 8 important questions
This blog was adapted from a survey by Kimberly Beer
Your resale brand is built on consistency.
When your resale store has a strong brand, you become much easier to remember. Think about Target or Walmart. You know what to expect from them. The look of their stores, their marketing materials and the type of products they offer are consistent around the world. Building your resale brand requires consistency too. See if you can answer “Yes” to these 8 questions.
Have you added something new to your website in the last 7 to 10 days?
- Yes, I blog and update content and photos regularly / We use our website for online sales so it is constantly changing
- Well, it’s probably been over a month
- No, I haven’t made any changes for awhile / I don’t have a website
- Change it? I was lucky to build it!
Have you created a buyer persona with demographic information such as income, age and marital status?
- Yes, and I have shared it with my entire sales team
- Yes, but I really don’t follow it
- No, but I think it’s a great idea
- What are you talking about?
Do you create original content somewhere online each week?
- Yes, I publish an original blog
- Yes, I publish photos and videos on FB or other social media channels
- Well, I have thought about it, but I don’t know how to do it
- No, I don’t have anything to personally say
Have you established a social media budget that’s between 5 and 15% of your desired income?
- Yes, and I reach it every month
- Yes, but I don’t make my ad spend every month
- No, should I?
- Budgets are too restricting
Do you have a business card and other printed marketing materials?
- Yes, I have both professionally printed
- Yes, I have a professionally printed business card
- I print cards and marketing pieces on my home computer
- No, it all just gets thrown away anyway
Do you have a set process to regularly gain customer testimonials and reviews?
- Yes, and my website, social media sites and local shopping sites are loaded with them
- Yes, but I don’t always follow the process
- No, I forget to ask
- What if they’re all negative?
Are you actively gathering email addresses each week?
- Yes, I gather them on my website, social media sites, in my store and when each customer comes to the register
- I’m gathering them, but not actively
- No, I don’t like to pry into people’s personal lives
- Nobody opens them anyway
Have you sent out a marketing email at least once per month for the past 6 months?
The case for brand building
Establishing a solid brand identity gives your resale store the parameters it needs for all aspects of your business. When you place a Facebook ad, consider a new employee or change the color of your store, you can ask yourself, “Does this fit our brand?” Plus, having a consistent resale brand automatically raises the perception of your store in the eyes of consumers. It helps our industry as a whole too. Take the time. Start building your resale brand today. To learn more about branding and see how Traxia builds our brand, read 6 tips to build your secondhand store’s brand.